Have you ever wanted to run for elected municipal office? Do you have a desire to serve your community? Don’t let the next municipal election pass you by!
The AMM has developed this hub with helpful resources and information for both new and returning municipal candidates.
Manitoba Municipal Relations – 2022 Municipal and School Board Elections Webpage
Information for Prospective Municipal Election Candidates
- Municipal Candidates Guidebook (English) – Municipal Elections 2022
- Municipal Candidates Guidebook (French) – Municipal Elections 2022
- 2022 Municipal Elections – Information for Prospective Candidates Video
- Information for Prospective Candidates
Information for Election Officials
Information for Chief Administrative Officers
- The Municipal Councils and School Boards Elections Act: Sets out the process for electing members of council for all municipalities and school boards.
- The Municipal Act: Sets municipal election requirements for the 136 municipalities outside of Winnipeg.
- The City of Winnipeg Charter: Sets municipal election requirements for the City of Winnipeg.
- The Public Schools Act: Sets requirements for the election of school trustees.
- Manitoba Municipal Relations (Department Website)
- AMM webpage – Toward Parity in Municipal Politics
- FCM webpage – Canadian Women in Local Leadership (CanWILL)
- Honourable Eileen Clarke, Minister of Municipal Relations
- Mayor Brian Bowman, City of Winnipeg
- Mayor Rick Chrest, City of Brandon
- Mayor Al Friesen, Town of Altona
- Councillor Karen MacKinnon, The City Of Flin Flon
- Councillor Melanie Parent, RM of Piney (English)
- Councillor Melanie Parent, RM of Piney (French)
- Shirley Kalyniuk, Former AMM Vice-President and Mayor of Town of Rossburn
- Jeff McConnell, Former Mayor of Town of Virden
- Glen McKenize, Former Mayor of Town of Swan River
- Chris Goertzen, Former AMM President and Mayor of City of Steinbach
- Nettie Neudorf, Former MMA President and CAO of RM of Portage la Prairie
- Executive Director Denys Volkov, AMM