Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the key areas of responsibility will include implementing the assignments as directed by the Chief Administative Officer. This position is a unionized position with The International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local Union 2034 at the hourly wage of $40.66.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the administration of the Recreation Department and participates in the long term strategic planning of infrastructure requirements related to the Recreation Department.
- Directs, supervises and evaluates the work of the Department’s employees
- Recommends the hiring, dismissal, evaluation, and discipline of members of the Recreation Department.
- Participates in the annual formulation of the Recreation budget.
- Prepares reports, tenders, and assessments based on requests by the CAO.
- Ensures that good relations are maintained with the general public when dealing with complaints and that the complaint is dealt with in an efficient and practical manner.
- Overall operation, management, and maintenance of all Town recreational facilities, recreation programming/grants and seasonal employees.
- Other Duties as assigned by the Chief Administrative Officer
- Knowledge of equipment operation as well as a well-defined knowledge of building infrastructure, arena operation and maintenance.
- Basic ability with Email, MS Word and MS Excel
- Possession of a valid Class 3A Manitoba Drivers License with Air Brakes endorsement.
- Possession of, or a willingness to obtain, a Refrigeration Level 1 License.
- Experience in arena maintenance and operation, general building maintenance, contract administration, and computer software is also required. A working knowledge of applicable Workplace Health & Safety is required
- Suitable combination of education and experience will be considered
Please submit a cover letter and resume including three references to the following:
Town of Snow Lake, Box 40, Snow Lake, MB R0B 1M0
E-mail: email@example.com Fax: 204-358-2112
The Town of Snow Lake thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.