The R.M. of Wallace-Woodworth is receiving written applications for Public Works Staff to maintain municipal roads and equipment to the standards of the Municipality. These positions are to begin immediately.
Description and Qualifications:
• Grade or plow all roads within the designated area in a safe and timely manner.
• Operate graders in evenings, early mornings, and occasional weekends as per weather, road conditions, and on short notice when required.
• Operate and maintain the graders including regular servicing and logging of records.
• Complete repairs of culverts, bridges and work with drainage projects as required.
• Complete maintenance jobs such as fencing, signage, stone picking, staking, and brush clearing as required.
• Operator must keep work area clean and safe.
• Able to work at from any R.M. shop location as needed (Elkhorn, Hargrave or Kenton).
• Must have a valid Class 5 Driver’s License – Class 3A License preferred; and Class 1A License an asset.
• Must have an experience in the operation of a grader or heavy equipment.
• Mechanical aptitude with experience in equipment maintenance.
• Be able to receive direction and follow instructions; strong communication skills.
• Positive and professional attitude to keep building a strong team.
• Respect, support for others and the goals that are set out from management.
• Perform other duties as required.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and three professional references to the municipal office, or via post mail or email as noted below.
Resumes will be reviewed as they are received.
This posting will remain open until suitable candidates are located.
This position commences as soon as possible.
We appreciate your interest in this position. However, only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
R.M. of Wallace-Woodworth Municipal Office
154023 PR 257 Box 2200 (Corner of 83 Hwy & PR 257)
Virden, Manitoba R0M 2C0
Application Deadline: Open until filled