Located in Manitoba’s Interlake Region, the Rural Municipality of St. Andrews runs along the Red River as it flows northward to Lake Winnipeg. The RM is convenient for its location to urban centers and a short drive to lake front resort communities. The Municipal Office is an easy 30-minute drive from Winnipeg and 10 minutes north of Selkirk, MB. St. Andrews is an agricultural community with residential areas, seasonal cottages around the creeks and waterways, neighbourhood businesses, and an Industrial area surrounding the St. Andrews Airport.
The Engineering Aide will be under the direction and supervision of the Manager of Public Works and Engineering Aide 3. The incumbent will perform office and field work which includes topographic survey data collection, lot grade and approach permit inspections, road infrastructure inspections, Civil 3D modeling, construction plan and profile preparation, and tasks related to technical support duties for the RM and related work as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Grade Twelve (12) Education or the equivalent
• Post-Secondary diploma in a related Civil Engineering Technology field
• Valid Class 5 License
• 2 years experience operating Survey equipment (GPS/Total Station) and collecting topographic survey data.
• 2 years experience using AutoCAD Civil 3D (survey data processing, creating 3d surfaces, alignments, and profiles)
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Must have strong trouble shooting skills for survey equipment and other municipal technologies.
• Ability to work outdoors in diverse weather conditions.
• Ability to communicate proficiently, understand both oral and written instructions.
• Have strong Microsoft Office software skills.
• Registered as a Certified Engineering Technologist
• GIS software experience
Please see the RM website for full job description www.rmofstandrews.com/p/job-opportunities
An equivalent combination of education, experience, skills, knowledge, and abilities may be considered.
The RM offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Resumes, including a cover letter can be sent to the email address as noted below.
The position will remain open until filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
RM of St. Andrews
Box 130, 500 Railway Avenue
Clandeboye, Manitoba R0C 0P0
Application Deadline: Open until filled