As a Building Inspector you will be responsible for performing legislated building inspections required by the Manitoba Building Code for houses, residential buildings, and small buildings within the scope of Part 9, to ensure compliance with all applicable Laws, Municipal zoning and building By-laws and the Manitoba Building and Plumbing Codes.
The Mid-West Planning District is seeking a Building Inspector. View our website for a complete job description. https://midwestplanning.ca/employment-opportunities/
As a successful candidate, you must possess:
• Grade 12, G.E.D., or Mature High School Diploma
• A strong grasp of construction and materials
• Experience in building construction projects
• Ability to read and interpret plans, blueprints and specifications
• Knowledge of the Manitoba Building and Plumbing Codes
• Verbal and written communications skills
• Basic proficiency in MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel)
• Diplomatic in dealing with the public
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Problem-solving skills
• Willing to participate in continuing education
Candidates with any of the following will be given preference:
• Certified Engineering Technologist diploma or Journeyman certification in Carpentry, Plumbing fields
• Certificate of course completion for Part 9 and Part 3 courses
• Certificate of course completion for plumbing inspections
• Two years experience with a Planning District as a Development Officer and/or Building Inspector
• CBCO certification for Part 9: Housing, Part 9: Small Buildings, Part 3: Buildings
• Experience using Cloudpermit software
• Fire Prevention Inspector certification
NOTE: The qualifications are not intended to limit the opportunities for interested candidates but provide the candidates with an understanding of the level of expertise required in this position. An equivalent combination of experience and education shall be considered.
• Based out of the Miniota Office, but requires travel throughout the District.
• Office hours are 8:00am-4:30pm, Monday through Friday, however the successful candidate may be required to work outside of normal business hours.
• Valid driver’s license along with a clean drivers abstract and use of a personal vehicle are required.
Public Contact Info:
View our website for a complete job description. https://midwestplanning.ca/employment-opportunities/
In confidence, qualified candidates are encouraged to electronically submit their resume in PDF format along with their compensation expectation to the following email address by no later than 4 pm on July 6, 2022.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Application Deadline: July 6, 2022