Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Municipality of Norfolk Treherne is seeking candidates for the position of Assistant Chief Administrative Officer. This position is responsible for payroll, taxation, accounts payable, supervising the office staff and various other administrative duties. The ideal candidate will be experienced in working within a municipal environment.
This is a permanent full-time (35 hours per week) position. Work hours are Monday to Friday (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.). Wages are negotiable and dependent upon qualifications and previous experience.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
• Act as the CAO in the absence of the CAO
• Prepare payroll for staff, fire department and council, as well as remittances and year end reporting.
• Accounts Payable.
• Taxation, including tax sales and collections.
• Utility billings.
• Assisting the Museum with employees and reports.
• Maintaining the campground booking system.
• Other financial reporting as directed.
• Assist other staff as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Minimum Grade 12 academic achievement.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Possess computer skills with Microsoft Office programs.
• Accounting or bookkeeping experience.
• Experience with MuniWare accounting system would be an asset.
• Completion of (or willingness to complete) the Certificate in Manitoba Municipal Administration (CMMA) program from the University of Manitoba
Please submit resumes by email to: Jackie Clayton, Chief Administrative Officer, Municipality of Norfolk Treherne at the email address noted below.
Application Deadline: Open until filled