Under the direction of the Chief Administrative Officer and Council, the Weed Supervisor is responsible for the following, but not limited to:
- Enforcement of the Noxious Weed Act and other weed control activities in areas under the RM’s jurisdiction.
- Monitoring, mowing, and herbicide application on properties and roadsides in the RM.
- Operating weed control equipment and vehicle with sprayer.
- Keeping daily records of all activities performed and prepare weekly and annual reports to the municipality and Province.
- Developing and maintaining positive internal and external communication. Takes appropriate action to address issues pertaining to weed and pest control issues. Must have the ability to deal with public concerns and inquiries.
- Must be eligible for and capable of obtaining Provincial applicators license (Rural Municipal) and permits pertaining to the use of pesticides and herbicides under the Manitoba Pesticide and Fertilizers Control Act (license), the Manitoba Environment Act (pesticide use permit) and Canada Pest Control Products Act (product label uses)
- Valid Class 5 licence (Class 3 or higher would be considered an asset)
- Familiarity with noxious weeds, their identification, biology, and control as well as the implications of soil and other conditions in the area is considered an asset
- Knowledge and application of various pest control methodologies
- A familiarity and good working knowledge of related statutes and regulation
- Computer skills (including MS Office)
- A degree or diploma in Agriculture is considered an asset
- Proven analytical problem solving and conflict management skills
- Will work mostly unsupervised, must have excellent time management, and organizational skills
- Ability to work successfully with the Public Works Superintendent and co-workers
The successful candidate can expect a salary and benefit package reflective of their experience and qualifications. Interested candidates should submit a resume with three references to: email@example.com
Or dropped off at the R.M. of Wallace-Woodworth Municipal Office
154023 PR 257 (Corner of 83 Hwy & PR 257) Virden, Manitoba
Or mailed to the R.M. of Wallace-Woodworth
Box 2200 Virden, Manitoba R0M 2C0
This is a Full Time Seasonal position beginning immediately.
Applications will be accepted until filled.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is located.
This position commences as soon as possible.