The City of Winkler’s Utilities Department plays an important role in protecting and safeguarding the public’s health by operating and maintaining the city’s wastewater collection and water distribution systems. The Utilities Department is looking for a self-motivated, positive person with a great team attitude to join their team!
What You’ll Do:
Working together with the Utilities team, you will be involved in various activities in the maintenance and repair of the city’s wastewater and storm water systems.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in operating and maintaining water and wastewater infrastructure and components
- Performing inspections of new infrastructure installations and provide reports
- Providing support to staff in repairing infrastructure
- Performing routine work assignments
- Installing water meters, taking readings and performing basic calculations
- Operating light service equipment, CCTV unit, line thawer and line detector
- Performing inspections at: backflow prevention devices, grease/pit interceptors, water meter bypasses
- Janitorial cleaning of lift stations, shop work areas
Qualifications You’ll Need:
- Ability to work well with a team
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Work effectively with minimal supervision
- A criminal record check will be required
- Willingness to work toward Manitoba Operator Certification for Water Distribution I, Wastewater Collection I and Wastewater Treatment I.
- Grade XII education or equivalent
- Experience in water and wastewater facilities an asset
- Class 3 driver’s license is preferred
- Basic electrical and plumbing knowledge
- May be required to obtain Confined Space Training, basic First Aid and CPR
- Be physically capable of a performing work tasks
Full-time, permanent position
Monday to Friday, 7:30-4:00 with standby or on-call after hours.
Full benefits package
Want to apply? Please submit your resume through our online application!
Open until filled
We appreciate all applications. However, only those considered for interviews will be contacted.
Disability accommodations available upon request.