The Recreation Director will be responsible for the coordination of community recreation, sport, leisure needs and interest in the community and responsible for the coordination of community development and recreational activities.
Under the leadership of Council and CAO, the Recreation Director will be responsible for the management of facilities, planning of programming, financial management of the recreation department, human resource management of facility and programming staff, research funding opportunities, grant applications, prepare and develop economic development strategies and opportunities for the Municipality and relationship building within all levels of government, community stakeholders and the public.
1) Post-secondary education (example: Recreation Management, Business Administration)
2) Exposure to a government environment or public sector.
3) Highly developed communication skills including creative writing skills.
4) Proven ability to develop, design and prepare recreational programming.
5) Proficient in Windows and Microsoft Office environment utilizing word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, website, Internet and database software.
6) Valid Class 5 driver’s license.
7) Availability to attend evening and/or weekend events or other meetings as required.
This is a term position, from September 13th, 2021 to October 21st, 2022 that offers a competitive salary. Salary range $40,000-$50,000, negotiable depending on qualifications and experience. Detailed job description available upon request.
Resumes shall include qualifications, work experience and references and may be forwarded to any one of the contact coordinates below.