The Quarry Park Manager shall be responsible for managing the operations of the Stonewall Quarry Park multiple use facility in compliance with Town policies and direction as set by the Council of the Town of Stonewall.
MANAGEMENT OF STONEWALL QUARRY PARK FACILITY:
– Develop, monitor, and implement policies, procedures, and practices to establish and maintain the best possible standards of operation for Stonewall Quarry Park facilities including Fines Field, Kinsmen Lake, Quarry Park Campground, and the Quarry Park Heritage Arts Centre.
– Develop, implement and monitor policies, procedures and practices regarding maintenance of the Heritage Arts Centre to ensure appropriate levels of customer service. Work with other Town of Stonewall Departments charged with maintenance of Fines Field, Kinsmen Lake and Quarry Park Campground to accomplish the goals regarding levels of customer service.
– Develop, implement and monitor annual budgets for the operational and capital requirements and develop five (5) and twenty (20) year capital project proposals for Stonewall Quarry Park.
– Manage the operations of the human, material and financial resources of Stonewall Quarry Park.
– Liaise with agencies, groups and individuals pertinent to Stonewall Quarry Park in respect of beneficial programs, events, services, funding and other resources.
– Respond to the needs of the community for programs, services and facilities at Stonewall Quarry Park within the mandate and direction of the Council of the Town of Stonewall.
– Work with other departments and entities to develop, implement and monitor a marketing plan for the programs, services and facilities of Stonewall Quarry Park.
– Assist in the preparation of applications for employment and facility funding programs.
– At the direction of Council, develop, implement and monitor short and long term strategies and initiatives for Stonewall Quarry Park.
– Provide necessary reports to Council and the CAO.
– Ensure adequate and acceptable controls procedures are established and maintained for the documentation and collection of all Stonewall Quarry Park revenues.
– Ensure adequate and acceptable policies and procedures are established and maintained for the documentation of park operating and financial records.
– Actively participate with the senior management team of the Town of Stonewall in the management of the Town in its entirety and in matters and initiatives pertaining to Stonewall Quarry Park.
– Manages and ensures the provision of quality interpretive services, including the development of exhibits, interpretive programs and services (ie: temporary exhibits, tours, new attractions or incentives for visiting the park, etc.)
– Authorizes and coordinates the public use of park facilities and services including Fines Fields, Quarry Park Campground, Kinsmen Lake and the Quarry Park Heritage Arts Centre.
– Ensure provision of the best possible customer service to park visitors and users with the Visitor Services, Maintenance and Aquatics departments.
– As directed, act as the principal staff resource to standing and other appointed committees and bodies of Council responsible for culture and heritage.
– Provide assistance within the mandate and direction of Council, Committees, and/or other bodies to community organizations, groups, or individuals in the areas of culture and heritage, by acting as a resource for grants, programs and information.
– Strives for continuous improvement of Quarry Park operation, services and programs.
– Adheres to and follows Town of Stonewall policies and procedures.
– Provides direction and supervision to Park staff and volunteers.
– Manages Quarry Park within budget parameters and fiscal expectations.
– Professionally interacts with staff, volunteers, and the public.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
– Minimum five (5) years of managerial experience within an active, dynamic environment.
– Ability to manage in a highly organized and independent manner.
– Sound management, supervisory and administrative skills.
– Education and experience which provides a sound background in facility management, recreation and leisure.
– Background or education in culture and heritage services or programs.
– Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
– Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with co-workers, elected and appointed bodies, volunteers, associations and organizations, governmental agencies, Town staff and general public.
– Ability to take charge and direct others in an emergency.
– Education or experience in community economic development, tourism, and/or community relations would be considered an asset.
Procedure for Applying: Qualified Applicants are invited to submit a cover letter summarizing relevant experience, a resume, plus three (3) references.
Town of Stonewall
Attention: Wally Melnyk
293 Main Street, Box 250
Application Deadline: Open until filled