Mossey River Municipality is inviting applications for the position of a permanent full time Equipment Operator / Labourer / Utility Plant Operator.
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Experience operating heavy equipment (grader, excavator, tractor/mower, gravel truck, etc.)
- Possess Certification in Level II Water Treatment – Province of Manitoba (or willing to obtain)
- Possess Certification in Level II Water Distribution – Province of Manitoba (or willing to obtain)
- Possess Certification in Level II Wastewater Treatment – Province of Manitoba (or willing to obtain)
- Possess Certification in Level II Wastewater Collection – Province of Manitoba (or willing to obtain)
- Valid Class 5 Drivers license – Class 1 license would be an asset.
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to maintain a good working relationship with other employees and the public at large.
- Must be capable of manual labour such as heavy lifting and operating a chainsaw as well as other duties as assigned.
- Minimum grade 12 education
- Computer proficiency with Word & Excel Programs and the ability to maintain records in written and computer-based format, as well as excellent attention to detail.
- Possess a valid CPR/First Aid Certification or willing to obtain.
- Must be willing to work in confined spaces and possess certification in Confined Space Entry Training (or willing to obtain).
- Demonstrated competence in safe work practices.
- Must be willing to acquire and provide a Criminal Records Check, a Child Abuse Check, a Vulnerable Persons Check, as well as provide a recent MPI Driver’s Abstract.
Please submit a resume with a cover letter along with two working references to the address below.
This is a unionized position. The Municipality offers an attractive benefits & retirement package.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, and while all applications are greatly appreciated, only those that are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mossey River Municipality
Attn: Loretta Woytkiewicz, CAO
PO Box 370, Winnipegosis, MB R0L 2G0