The Public Works Superintendent assists the Chief Administrative Officer in overseeing the R.M.’s Transportation Department, along with urban transportation sidewalks and urban road networks. The candidate will also be responsible for overseeing sanitation & landfill management; and operation & management of the R.M. Equipment Fleet.
The successful candidate should possess a high level of maturity; proven management and leadership skills in developing an effective and efficient team; excellent communicator; strong analytical problem solving and conflict management skills. Leads by example. Shows respect and support for others & the goals that are set out from management. Exhibits positive and professional attitude to keep building a strong team.
Skills and Qualifications
– Valid Class 5 Driver’s License, willingness to upgrade to Class 3A or Class 1A, if requested
– At least five to ten (5-10) years of previous work experience supervising and managing work activities
– Industry experience performing public works, especially roads and services in a municipality or related environment, including: road building, road repairs/restoration (paved and unpaved), and general earth work
– Knowledge of motor graders, loaders, and other equipment is important (ability to operate and train on this equipment would be considered an asset)
– Post secondary education in civil engineering, business management, or heavy-duty mechanics will be an asset but not required
– Project management knowledge and experience will be an asset
– Strong time management and organizational skills
– Collaborative and a team player; has the ability to be a contributing member of the Senior Management Team demonstrating strategic & operational leadership and innovation skills
The Municipality offers an excellent benefits package; a competitive salary commensurate to previous experience and qualifications; and participates in the Municipal Employee Benefits Plan & Association of Manitoba Municipalities’ Manitoba Blue Cross Group Health Plan.
A more comprehensive job description is available upon request. Interested candidates should submit a resume with three references by:
R.M. of Wallace-Woodworth Municipal Office
154023 PR 257 Box 2200 (Corner of 83 Hwy & PR 257) Virden, Manitoba R0M 2C0
Applications will be accepted until filled.
This position is not included in a Collective Agreement.
The selection process for this competition will include testing and panel interviews.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is located.
This position commences as soon as possible.
As mentioned above.
Application Deadline: Open until filled