The Town of Oxbow is seeking a full-time Public Works Operator. On call work is required.
Under the direction of the Manager of Public Works, the Operator will work with the Public Works Department to maintain the water and wastewater networks and infrastructure, streets and sidewalks and the various municipal buildings and equipment.
Candidates are expected to demonstrate initiative, teamwork, results orientation, and problem-solving skills in carrying out the work with the Public Works team.
• Level 1 Water Treatment Certificate (and prepared to obtain the Level 2 Certificate);
• Level 1 Water Distribution Certificate (and prepared to obtain the Level 2 Certificate);
• Level 1 Wastewater Collection and Treatment (and prepared to obtain the Level 2 Certificate);
• 3A driver’s license with air brake endorsement (or willing to obtain);
• Heavy equipment operation and maintenance;
• Experience with welding, plumbing, carpentry, and mechanical repair;
• Motivated to pursue further professional development;
• Effective public communication skills and ethics.
Attractive benefit package available. Salary negotiable based on experience.
All applications shall include a cover letter, resume, and three work related references. Applications will remain open until the position is filled.
For more information or to submit applications to the Town of Oxbow at one of the below contacts.
Lisa Pierce, Chief Administrative Officer
Town of Oxbow
P.O. Box 149
Oxbow, SK S0C 2B0
Application Deadline: November 1, 2021