NOW HIRING: Public Works Equipment Operator
Job Type: Full-Time Permanent (40-45 hours per week)
Salary: To be determined based on qualifications and skills
The Rural Municipality of Elton is seeking an individual that shall be responsible for tasks related to their wards, including but not limited to grading, plowing, road construction oversight and maintenance work for all Elton infrastructure.
• Establish and maintain effective and respectable working relationships with Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), Council, Colleagues and Citizens of Elton
• Operation of heavy equipment (such as grader, backhoe, tractor, mower, and snow removal equipment as needed).
• Reviewing the condition and maintenance of Elton machinery, vehicles, buildings, and other assets.
• Inspection of Elton roads, sidewalks, drainage, and other service assets
• Weather events and emergencies that will lead to evening and weekend overtime requirements at times.
• Valid Province of Manitoba Driver’s – Minimum of Class (5) License
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a public works related field
• Knowledge in the safe use, operation, and preventive maintenance of various equipment (grader, backhoe, tractor, mower)
• Knowledge of municipal maps with legal descriptions and rural civic addresses
• The ability to work alone or as a team player
• Strong judgement in decision making
The full Public Works Equipment Operator job description can be found at www.elton.ca
Individuals interested in this position must send resume with three references and wage expectation to the Rural Municipality of Elton Office. Resumes will be reviewed on Thursday, July 20, 2023 although resumes will continue to be received until the position is filled.
107129 Road 65N (Elton Road)
Forrest, Manitoba R0K 0W0
We thank all applicants who apply for this position but advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Shawna Paulsen, Chief Administrative Officer
As mentioned above
Application Deadline: Open until filled