The Town of Beausejour is now accepting applications for the full-time position of Operations Clerk.
Under the general direction of the Public Works Manager, the Operations Clerk is responsible for providing a professional level of service by responding to general enquiries in person or on the telephone. The Operations Clerk is also responsible for providing clerical and administrative support to the Manager and Staff of the Public Works and Community Services Department.
- Administrative, clerical or secretarial training certificate/diploma OR an equivalent combination of education, training and related experience.
- Experience performing various administrative support duties (including word processing, filing, receiving and distributing information, data entry).
- Experience performing full range of reception duties (including answering phones, conveying messages, greeting the public in person and responding to inquiries).
- Strong customer service skills, with the ability to effectively manage demands from a variety of clients.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to express ideas effectively, both orally and in writing letters and reports.
- Experience dealing with confidential and time sensitive documents.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word Applications (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage priorities and meet competing deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment and maintain excellent working relationships.
- Ability to work independently while demonstrating initiative and sound judgment.
- Completion of, or enrollment in, the Manitoba Municipal Administrator’s Association Certificate Program would be an asset.
Resumes will be accepted by the undersigned until a suitable candidate is found. Please see the below contact coordinates to submit resume.
The Town of Beausejour wishes to thank all candidates for their interest in this position, however, only those individuals considered for an interview will be contacted.