The Municipal Clerk reports to and supports the Chief Administrative Officer. He or she is a key player in the day-to-day operations of the Town, ensuring smooth operation of Town Hall and providing services to the citizens of Lynn Lake and visitors.
- Provide effective organizational support to ensure that Council is provided with the resources to make informed decisions.
• Prepare and organize all meeting and public hearing agendas; recording the minutes of all municipal regular meetings, special meetings and public hearings
• Prepare agendas and packages for Council meeting
• Review and edit reports to Council
• Prepare correspondence for Councillors
• Research and prepare motions, policies and procedures and maintain records of decisions
- Provide administrative support to ensure that municipal operations are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner.
• Prepare and type correspondence, reports and other documents
• Maintain confidential records and office files
• Open and distribute the mail
• Take and distribute minutes as required
• Ensure that office equipment and supplies are maintained or replaced as necessary
- Provide receptionist services
• Greet and assist visitors
• Answer phones, respond to inquiries and direct calls
• Handle cash receipts and invoicing for taxes and utilities
• Prepare bank deposits and month end reports
• Invoice for equipment and labour use, issue purchase orders
• Take complaints and refer them to the correct department
• Create notices for animal impounds and contact owners
- Perform other related duties as required
Salary is competitive and based on experience. Benefits and pension plan are available after a probationary period.
Public Contact Info:
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Tom Matus, CAO of the Town of Lynn Lake at the email or telephone number noted below.