|Job Title:||Legislative Services Clerk 3||Job Category:||Administration|
|Department/Group:||Municipal Office||Date of last revision:||May 2023|
|Location:||RM of Lac du Bonnet||Travel Required:||Not usually|
|Level/Salary Range:||Leg3 Start Rate: $27.61 (2023)||Position Type:||Full time|
|HR Contact:||DCAO||Date posted:||May 24, 2023|
|Will Train Applicant(s):||Internal Training||Posting Expires:||June 9, 2023|
|External posting URL:||N/A|
|Internal posting URL:||N/A|
|Applications Accepted By: CAO/DCAO|
The RM of Lac du Bonnet is well known as the “Four Seasons Playground” due to its proximity to the Winnipeg and Lee Rivers and the endless possibilities for recreation adventures. The Rural Municipality of Lac du Bonnet is home to approximately 3,500 permanent residents who take great pride in their community. In the summer, the population grows to around 8,000 as seasonal residents and campers take up residence to relax and enjoy.
The Municipal office is located outside of the Town of Lac du Bonnet on Provincial Road 317. The office is just over a 1-hour scenic drive from Winnipeg, 45 minutes from Selkirk and 30 minutes from Beausejour.
Reporting to the Deputy CAO, this position provides leadership and management of the utilities related to waste/wastewater, assisting in researching and developing policies and by-laws and overseeing by-law enforcement related matters. This position serves as a key member of the Municipal Legislative team.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
· Experience in policy and by-law research and development.
· Ability to effectively research and make applications for grants and funding opportunities.
· Demonstrated ability to comprehend and understand legislation and agreements.
· Experience related to compliance with municipal by-laws and by-law enforcement.
· Completion of a legislative drafting program (preferred)
· Several years’ experience in the municipal sector is preferred.
The RM offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package and is committed to the training and education of their employees.
Please visit our website, www.lacdubonnet.com to see the full job description.
Qualified Candidates: Please submit a cover letter & resume by June 9, 2023 to:
· Chief Administrative Officer
· RM of Lac du Bonnet, Box 100, Lac du Bonnet, MB R0E 1A0
· Email: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
As mentioned above.
Application Deadline: June 9, 2023