Morden is seeking a self-motivated professional with strong proven team leadership skills and a collaborative, open and honest interpersonal style to serve as our Director of Operations who will provide professional leadership, planning and direction for City of Morden Operations; includes Public Works, Solid Waste, Water Treatment Plant, Utilities Departments, Vehicle and Equipment Fleet and Airport Infrastructure.
Director of Operations
The City of Morden, a vibrant, growing community of over 9,000 residents, is located one hour south-west of Winnipeg and enjoys all the amenities and services expected of any urban Centre. Surrounded by one of the province’s richest agricultural areas, Morden has both utilized its natural advantages and diversified to support industry and promote tourism, giving the city an enduring level of stability and optimism. For our website see www.mymorden.ca.
Morden is seeking a self-motivated professional with strong proven team leadership skills and a collaborative, open and honest interpersonal style to serve as our Director of Operations. If this describes you and you have an interest in contributing to positive sustainable improvements to service and quality of life in Morden, you may be the one we are looking for.
Responsibilities of the position include:
The preferred candidate will have the following qualifications:
• Five years supervisory/management experience in a multi-disciplined role, preferably within municipal operations
• Certification in Public Works Supervision or similar through a College is desirable (C.E.T. designation preferred)
• Practical knowledge and experience in computer systems for business applications
• Post-secondary education in disciplines such as administrative management, leadership, or human resource management is desirable
• Project management experience and certification is an asset
• Knowledge of Manitoba Workplace Safety and Health Act and Regulations
• Ability to effectively communicate technical information and provide consistent, professional customer service in the face of ongoing change, regular interruptions and the pressure of deadlines
• Have a strong desire for the betterment and development of our community
• Valid Class 5 Drivers license
We thank all for applying, but only those receiving an interview will be contacted. Position will remain open until filled. A condition of employment is agreement by the applicant to disclose criminal record information to the City of Morden.
Interested applicants are invited to submit resume packages together with salary expectations to:
Human Resources Officer
City of Morden
100-195 Stephen Street
Morden, Manitoba R6M 1V3
Application Deadline: July 31, 2021