If you thrive on working collaboratively, thinking and acting strategically, multi tasking and moving impactful projects and deals across the finish line, you will want to learn more about the Director of Engineering Services opportunity currently available with the City of Brandon.
Reporting to the GM of Development Services and working as part of the Department Head Team, the Director of Engineering Services plans, organ-izes, controls and directs activities of the Engineering Department including strategic infrastructure planning and review associated with land development in Brandon, traffic management, and municipal assets (asset management) for the entire City.
Being Manitoba’s second largest city, Brandon has experienced solid and consistent growth and provides opportunities for individuals, families, and businesses to grow and succeed.
Competition # 230051
Please apply with a cover letter and resume online at jobbank.brandon.ca.
This is a full-time, permanent position of 36.25 hours per week.
Rate of Pay:
$125,226.21 – $135,113.03 – 2023 Annual Rates
WHAT DOES THE POSITION OFFER YOU?
• Being a member of the City’s Department Head Team
• The opportunity to work with a highly professional and proactive team
• The ability to influence growth of a thriving and active City
• Manage sustainable infrastructure that provides a high level of public service
• Progressive training and internal succession opportunities
• An organization that lives it’s values of Building and Serving Community with PRIDE (Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Diversity and Excellence);
• Being part of a multi-cultural organization
• Defined benefits pension plan and benefits package
• Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or related Engineering program;
• Membership in or ability to acquire membership in the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists in the Province of Manitoba.
• Experience in managing for efficiency and effectiveness to bring about change in a municipal and unionized environment;
• Substantial progressive leadership (minimum of 4-6 years);
• Experience in project management;
• Experience in procurement and administration of Engineering Service Providers;
For complete position details and requirements see the Job Description on the City of Brandon website.
Applications will be accepted until June 13, 2023.
This position is not included in a Collective Agreement.
The selection process for this competition will include testing and an interview.
The City of Brandon reserves the right to underfill this position.
The City of Brandon is committed to an inclusive, barrier free environment and will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Accessibility for Manitobans Act (AMA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selec-tion process. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those advanc-ing in the competition will be contacted. If contacted to participate in the process, please advise if you require an accommodation.
Serving and Building Community!
As mentioned above
Application Deadline: June 13, 2023