Full Time Permanent Position Chief Financial Officer- Melita
The Municipality of Two Borders is now offering an employment opportunity with our municipality which has been created by the upcoming retirement of our current Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
Under the direction of and reporting directly to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) the CFO will be responsible for the day-to-day management of financial transactions and procedures.
The ideal candidate should be familiar with audits, invoices, budget preparations, managing accounting activities, including bank reconciliations, tax roll and associated duties. You should also have excellent organizational skills and be able to handle time-sensitive tasks
• Proven work experience, 2+ years, as a Finance Officer or similar role
• Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Experience using financial software
• Proficient in MS Excel. MS Word
• Excellent analytical and numerical skills
• Strong time management skills
• Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
Preference Given To Those With:
• Business Accounting Certification, (CPA is considered an asset)
• CMMA from University of Manitoba or willing to enroll in the program
• Working knowledge of ASYST Municipal software
The Municipality of Two Borders offers a very competitive salary, benefits, and pension package. Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume stating experience, education, salary expectations and references.
Applications will be reviewed as early as May 31, 2022; however, this posting will remain open until suitable candidate is located.