The Municipality of Grassland is inviting applications for the position of Chief Administrative Officer (CAO).
Located in southwest Manitoba, the Municipality of Grassland is home to 1,600 people within our beautiful blend of small towns and rural agricultural communities displaying rich history and natural beauty.
The CAO is the administrative lead for the Municipality of Grassland, performing the duties and exercising the powers assigned to a CAO under the Manitoba Municipal Act and other applicable legislation. This role is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Municipality, meetings of Council, management of administration, financial, human resources and the overall planning, co-ordination and operations of the Municipality. The CAO provides professional advice to Council ensuring resolutions, bylaws, policies and plans are implemented while keeping Council informed on progress and emerging issues.
• Minimum 2 years of municipal experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Completion or willing to complete the Manitoba Municipal Administration Certificate.
• Ability to communicate effectively and demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with diverse stakeholder groups, including but not limited to industry, government, and members of the public.
• Ability to understand and interpret applicable Provincial and Federal legislation.
• Demonstrated experience in fiscal planning, budgeting and reporting of a budget over $4 million.
• Experience reporting and working with a Council or Board.
• Ability to deal effectively with high-pressure and challenging situations with the capability to succeed in both independent and collaborative working environments.
• Experience in strategic planning, finance, human resource management, operations, and marketing for a multi-faceted organization.
• Demonstrated ability to provide progressive leadership, identify priorities and make sound decisions with a strong business acumen, mature judgement and high level of integrity.
Compensation and Benefits:
• Salary is dependent on experience and qualifications.
• Comprehensive benefits package includes: municipal pension plan, dental and vision care, extended health benefits and life and disability insurance.
Closing date: Friday, September 2, 2022 at Noon, however; applications may continue to be accepted until the right candidate is found.
Interested individuals can send a resume and cover letter.
For any questions or further information, please contact 204.858.2590 or email email@example.com.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.