Applications are being accepted by the Rural Municipality of Brokenhead for the position of Chief Administrative Officer.
The RM of Brokenhead is located in North Eastern Manitoba and encircles the Town of Beausejour and includes the communities of Tyndall and Garson. The Municipality boasts some of the richest agricultural lands in Manitoba as well the area’s economy is diversified with a variety of industries such as quarries, food processing and a wide range of agricultural and commercial based businesses. The population including Tyndall & Garson is 5,122 (2016 census) and growing!
Under the direction of the Reeve and Council, the Chief Administrative Officer’s responsibilities shall be to manage the overall operations of the Rural Municipality, specifically the following:
• Administrative functions of the Municipality including council meetings, all legislative requirements, recommend new initiatives to council and implement council priorities.
• Financial management including the preparation and monitoring the annual financial plan and the overall financial functions of the Municipality including the entire taxation process.
• Human Resource management, you will recruit and develop all municipal employees.
• Knowledge of Development Plans and The Planning Act.
• Manage and administer By-Law Enforcement in the Municipality.
• Graduation from the Municipal Administrator Certificate Program.
• Interpersonal skills to deal with Council, the public and other employees.
• Oral and written communication skills.
• Organizational skills.
• Supervisory skills.
• Personal initiative balanced by a willingness to follow directions.
• Analytical and research skills to prepare reports, documents, by-laws.
• Ability to deal with multi-levels of governments including municipal, provincial and federal.
Salary is commensurate with experience. The Municipality offers a comprehensive benefit package.
Public Contact Info:
Interested candidates should submit their resumes with three references in confidence to Reeve Brad Saluk, email@example.com
Applications will be received until December 1, 2021 at 4:00 pm.
Application Deadline: December 1, 2021