The RM of Victoria Beach invites written applications for the full-time position of Chief Administrative Officer. The Municipality’s administrative office is located in Winnipeg.
The RM of Victoria Beach is situated 100 kms northeast of Winnipeg on the shores of Lake Winnipeg. Victoria Beach is primarily a resort municipality with a growing population of approximately 400 permanent residents and a seasonal population of about 10,000 people during the summer months. The operating budget for 2021 is $3.1 million; services and amenities provided include police, fire, medical rescue, public works, seasonal water systems and golf course.
The successful candidate will work directly with council and will be responsible for performing various duties related to the operation of the Municipality including:
• Administration – organize and attend all council meetings, draft by-laws and resolutions, recommend new initiatives to council and implement council policies
• Financial Management – prepare and monitor annual financial plan, including the general operating budget, utilities budgets, administer the entire taxation process and ensure compliance with all aspects of PSAB
• Human Resources – assist with recruitment of municipal staff and oversee 35 full-time & seasonal employees
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Graduate of the certificate program for Manitoba Municipal Administration (CMMA) or post-secondary education in a related discipline
• Minimum of 5 years of direct experience in municipal administration
• Strong financial background, communication, analytical, interpersonal and leadership skills
• Computer experience and skills, including Munisoft, Microsoft Office applications, email, internet and website use
Salary dependent upon qualifications and experience. An attractive benefits package is also provided. A job description is available upon request. Application should include a full resume with three references to be submitted to the undersigned by email, fax or mail and received no later than 4:00 pm, October 15, 2021.
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those considered for interviews will be contacted.