Reporting to the Director of Utilities, the Automation Specialist is responsible for maintaining the SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) system for both water and wastewater processes, and for ensuring automation and control of the facilities is reliable to operations at all times.
MANDATORY QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Grade 12, G.E.D., or Mature High School Diploma;
• Certificate in Instrumentation and Control Engineering Technology or equivalent;
• Minimum of five (5) years experience in an industrial automation role;
• Must possess a valid and subsisting Class 5, Province of Manitoba driver’s licence.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Experience working in a Water or Wastewater Treatment Facility an asset;
• Ten (10) years’ responsible experience in industrial process environment or similar operations.
Please apply with a cover letter and resume on-line at: http://jobbank.brandon.ca
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. on December 17, 2021.
Posting Date: November 24, 2021
This position is not included in a Collective Agreement.
The selection process for this competition will include testing and an interview.
The City of Brandon reserves the right to underfill this position
Position Conditions: This is a full-time, permanent position of 40 hours per week.
Rate of Pay: $83,751.28 – $90,362.55 annually (2021 Rates)
The City of Brandon is committed to an inclusive, barrier free environment and will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Accessibility for Manitobans Act (AMA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those advancing in the competition will be contacted. If contacted to participate in the process, please advise if you require an accommodation.
If you are interested in finding out more about the City of Brandon job opportunities as soon as they are posted, please follow us on Facebook or Twitter!
Serving and building Community!
Email: As per above.
Application Deadline: December 17, 2021