The Assistant Resident Administrator under the general direction of the Resident Administrator, shall be responsible for daily operations and supervision of clerical staff in the office. The Assistant Resident Administrator must possess an understanding of, and work within the Municipal Act, Municipal policies and procedures and in compliance with Council of the LGD. In the absence of the Resident Administrator, act in his/her place.
• Respond to all correspondence
• Process Zoning Memorandums, Tax Certificates and Variation Orders
• Prepare material for all meetings of Council and produce minutes of said meetings.
• Prepare by-laws, certify and distribute By-laws
• Working knowledge of Development Plan and Zoning By-law, respond to all enquiries
• Maintain employee files, vacation and sick leave benefits
• Hire staff for Pinawa Pool and Pinawa Beach
• Supervise Pool and Beach staff
• Prepare Staff schedule for Pool/Beach, swimming lessons and oversee operation of the Pool and Beach
• Assist with Payroll
• Working knowledge of tax roll, assessments and tax sales
• Maintain Cemetery records and sale of plots
• Write policies as required
• Fill in for Resident Administrator as required
• Assist Council when/as required
• Attend Committee meetings
• Other duties as required
• Grade 12 education
• CMMA Certification
• An understanding of relevant municipal legislation, policies and procedures
• Computer skills, including the ability to operate computerized accounting, spreadsheet and word-processing programs at a highly proficient level.
• Ability to exercise a reasonable degree of independent judgment in the course of carrying out requirements of the position.
This position includes an excellent remuneration and benefits package as per the collective agreement.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
LGD of Pinawa
PINAWA, MB, R0E 1L0
Application Deadline: Open until filled