THE RURAL MUNICIPALITY OF WHITEHEAD is seeking applications from energetic, highly motivated individual to fill a full-time (35 hours per week) Administrative Assistant vacancy.
NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to be available to work in the administrative office located in Alexander, Manitoba and will be required to provide proof of vaccination in accordance with Resolution # 2021-11 (September 13, 2021)
The Administrative Assistant will report directly to the Chief Administrative Officer. The position deals directly with the residents and visitors daily. Duties will include, but not limited to property tax, utility and accounts payable transactions, bank deposits, work order entry and record keeping, updates to land titles and voters lists, administrative support to the CAO and Finance Assistant, data entry. For a complete job description, email the undersigned.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
– Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Munisoft and All-Net Website and Meetings
– Previous experience working with the public
– Minimum 1 year in municipal government – considered an asset
– Certificate in Manitoba Municipal Administration (CMMA), currently enrolled or the desire to enroll – considered an asset
– Knowledge of the following Acts: The Municipal Act, The Planning Act, The Freedom of Information and Privacy Act, The Municipal Councils and School Boards Elections Act, The Emergency Measures Act and any other Acts as required
– Ability to adapt to changing Legislation, Acts and environment
– Strong organizational and communication skills, and the ability to work independently.
The Rural Municipality of Whitehead offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Public Contact Info:
Please forward resume and three (3) references no later than January 28, 2022 at 4:30 pm
Attention: Danniele Carriere, CAO
RM of Whitehead
Box 107, 517 – 2nd Avenue
Alexander, MB R0K 0A0
As noted above under Public Contact Info.
Application Deadline: January 28, 2022