2023 District Director Elections
During the 2023 June District Meetings (JDMs), the AMM will be conducting elections for the AMM Board of Directors in all 7 Districts. Each District is entitled to 2 Directors per District.
Effective immediately, the AMM Board of Directors have endorsed a deadline to register to run for District Director positions.
Nominations and Candidate Requirements:
- Only elected municipal officials are authorized to nominate a candidate.
- Any elected official (Head of Council, Mayor, Reeve, Councillor) is eligible to be nominated.
- Click here to download a formal Nomination Form, that includes the candidate’s acceptance.
- Deadline for nominations: Thursday, June 1, 2023 by 4:30pm.
- Completed nomination forms must be submitted to AMM Executive Director Denys Volkov at email@example.com by the June 1st deadline.
- The elected individual will serve on the AMM Board of Directors until June 2025.
Date of District Elections:
- Midwestern District: Wednesday, June 14, 2023
- Central District: Thursday, June 15, 2023
- Eastern District: Friday, June 16, 2023
- Interlake District: Monday, June 19, 2023
- Parkland District: Thursday, June 22, 2023
- Western District: Friday, June 23, 2023
- Northern District: Monday, June 26, 2023
Candidates nominated will have up to 2 minutes to address the delegates at their District’s meeting; the candidates that receive the 2 highest votes will be declared elected. Voting will take place on the day of each District meeting and all elected officials and CAOs from the District are entitled to vote during the District meeting. Please visit the District Meetings webpage to check the date of your District’s meeting.