2022 District Director By-Elections
Given the results of the general municipal election, nominations are now open to fill eight (8) vacant positions on the AMM Board of Directors from seven (7) Districts.
- Northern District (2 positions) – 1 position from The Pas, Flin Flon, Snow Lake or Grand Rapids; 1 position from Thompson, Lynn Lake, Leaf Rapids, Churchill, Gillam or LGD of Mystery Lake
- Parkland District (1 position)
- Midwestern District (1 position)
- Central District (1 position)
- Western District (1 position)
- Eastern District (1 position)
- Interlake District (1 position)
Nomination and Candidate Requirements:
- Only elected municipal officials are authorized to nominate a candidate.
- Any elected official (Head of Council/Mayor/Reeve/Councillor) is eligible to be nominated.
- Click here to download a formal Nomination Form, that includes the candidate’s acceptance.
- Deadline for nominations: Friday, November 25, 2022 at 3:00 pm. Completed nomination forms must be submitted to AMM Executive Director Denys Volkov at email@example.com by this date.
- The elected individual will serve on the AMM Board of Directors until June 2023.
- Elected municipal officials and CAOs from the seven districts with vacant positions are eligible to vote.
- Each eligible voter must log into the corresponding District meeting via Zoom on a separate device to cast their anonymous vote.
- All nominated candidates will be allowed to speak for 2 minutes at their designated virtual District’s meeting.
All elections will be conducted virtually on Tuesday, November 29, 2022 via Zoom at the following times:
- 10:30 am – Parkland District
- 11:30 am – Midwestern District
- 2:00 pm – Western District
- 3:00 pm – Eastern District
- 4:00 pm – Interlake District