• Grade Twelve or G.E.D. equivalent.
• Must possess and maintain a valid Class 5 Province of Manitoba driver’s licence.
• Basic plumbing, piping and mechanical skills would be an asset.
• Experience in operating light equipment and trucks with ability to learn heavy equipment operation.
• A working knowledge of applicable Workplace Safety and Health and WHMIS training.
• Ability to work with the public, employees and external stakeholders
• Ability to work with a minimum of supervision or alone when needed.
• Class 1 Water Treatment, Water Distribution and Wastewater Collection & Treatment certifications and upgrade to class 2 if required.
• Must be able to respond within 30 minutes of an emergency.
• Assisting in the repair and maintenance of the utilities including but not limited to the water treatment plant, water distribution system, sewers and lift stations.
• Assisting in the general operation and maintenance of all services within the Municipality of Pembina.
• The employee in this position will also be expected to work extended hours, weekends and in emergency situations as required.
• Compliance with the Municipality of Pembina Human Resource Policy, Work Place Health and Safety Standards and the Municipality of Pembina Health and Safety Manual. All training deemed necessary for the position will be provided by the municipality.
The Municipality of Pembina offers a comprehensive benefits package and pension plan. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Applicants who do not meet the above qualifications will be welcomed, provided they are willing to obtain certification in the future. The deadline of application submissions is open until filled.