The Rural Municipality of Rockwood’s utility jurisdictions are Stony Mountain, Balmoral, Gunton and a portion of Grosse Isle.
Under direction of the Utility Manager, the Full-Time Utility Operator will assist in the operation of modern Class II Reverse Osmosis Water Treatment system, Class II Water Distribution Systems, Class II Wastewater Treatment Facility, and Class II Wastewater Collection System. The Full-Time Utility Operator is expected to conduct necessary daily water analysis to ensure Canadian drinking water quality guidelines are met, and to participate in the work schedule in effect as established by the Utility Manager. The Full-time Operator will participate in a rotating shift which includes on call, call outs and weekends.
The successful candidate must possess the following:
• Directly related experience in operation of a Reverse Osmosis process would be an asset
• Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge of the principles and concepts of water treatment
• Excellent computer skills and familiarity with SCADA control, Microsoft Word and Excel are a definite asset
• Ability to work with a minimum of supervision or alone
• Ability to work with the public, employees, office staff and external stakeholders
• Class II in Water Treatment, or willing to obtain
• Class II in Water Distribution, or willing to obtain
• Class II in Wastewater Collection, or willing to obtain
• Class II in Wastewater Treatment, or willing to obtain
Duties to commence as soon as possible.
Applicants who do not meet the above qualifications will be welcomed, providing they are willing to obtain certification in the future.
Salary shall commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and a complete resume outlining education, experience, and three references, and should be submitted in a sealed envelope marked:
“Application Full-Time Utility Operator” on the outside and mailed or delivered to the Attention of Alan Schick, Utility Manager, The Rural Municipality of Rockwood, Box 902, 285 Main Street, Stonewall MB R0C 2Z0, or via Email: email@example.com or Fax: 204-467-5329.
The deadline for application submissions is Friday, August 14, 2020.
For further information on this position, please contact Alan Schick, Utility Manager 204-467-2272.
The Rural Municipality of Rockwood would like to thank all the applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application Deadline: August 14, 2020