To serve the public by maintaining and operating water and sewer infrastructure and equipment.
• The Utilities Maintenance role will serve the public by maintaining and operating water and sewer infrastructure and equipment.
• Install water meters, take readings and perform basic calculations
• Perform inspections of water meters, backflow prevention devices, grease/pit interceptors and provide reports
• Provide support to staff in repairing infrastructure
• Operate light service equipment
• Perform routine work assignments
• Experience in water and wastewater facilities preferred
• Ability to obtain Class 3 driver’s licence within 6 months of hire date
• Possess basic electrical and plumbing knowledge
• Ability to gain through studies – Manitoba Water and Wastewater certification
• Class 1 Water Treatment & Distribution within 1 year of employment
• Class 1 Wastewater Treatment & Collection within 1 year of employment
• Will be required to obtain Confined Space Training, Transportation of Dangerous Goods, forklift, basic first aid, CPR and immunization for Hepatitis
• Clear written and oral communication skills are required.
• Physically capable of performing work tasks, extended periods of walking required
• Grade 12 education is required
• This role works under the supervision of the Utilities Foreman
• This position requires standby and on call duties to respond to afterhours emergencies.
• Occasional overtime may be required
Forward resumes by April 9, 2021 to the post mail address or email address noted below.
We thank all candidates for their expression of interest; however we will contact only those under consideration. Candidates may be subject to a criminal record check.
City of Winkler
Attention: Jake Wiens, Utilities Foreman
185 Main Street
Winkler, MB R6W 1B4
Application Deadline: Open until filled