The Town of Beausejour is now accepting applications for the full-time (35 hours per week) term position of Senior Accounting Clerk.
This is a temporary position and will run from July 2020 – September 2021; salary being dependent on qualifications.
Under the general direction of the Chief Administrative Officer the incumbent is responsible for maintaining the Municipal Accounting System plus the provisions of clerical duties related to the Municipal Accounting System (coordinating all financial management, control, and reporting for the municipality).
• Enrolled in a recognized accounting program (CGA, CMA) or equivalent i.e. Business Administration Diploma with a major in accounting from a recognized college or university or equivalent.
• Working knowledge of Public Sector Accounting Principles.
• Three (3) years office experience in an accounting position ie. accounts receivables, accounts payables, payroll, bank reconciliations, financial statements, etc.
• Proven knowledge and full working level experience with computer and software packages including MS Word, Outlook, Excel (spreadsheet applications) and Power point.
• Ability to work independently under minimal supervision and also effectively in a small team environment.
• Attention to detail, ability to set priorities, demonstrated initiative, sound judgment and a very strong work ethic are essential.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with experience dealing with members of the public, elected officials and various other stakeholders in a professional and efficient manner.
• Must be bondable.
• Completion of the Manitoba Municipal Administrator’s Association certificate would be considered an asset.
• Knowledge of the Muniware system would also be considered an asset.
Resumes will be accepted by the undersigned until a suitable candidate is found.