WAGE RATE: $26.71 per hour as per Collective Agreement,
plus an excellent pension, health, dental, vision & benefits package
HOURS OF WORK: Monday to Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Summer Hours Monday to Friday – 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Responsible to: Controller
This position requires a positive, energetic, responsible, individual, working under the supervision of the Controller. Must have a passion for quality and accuracy, and have knowledge in the field of purchasing of supplies, services, raw materials, equipment, machinery necessary for the operation and maintenance of the corporation. The Purchasing Agent will report to the Controller and will be responsible for assisting with multiple tasks including but not limited to planning, negotiating, costing, development of recordkeeping and more.
• Conduct purchasing activities aligned with the Municipal Act, Town of The Pas policies and procedures and Public
• Validation and Disposal of overstock or obsolete inventory and retired capital assets
• Perform resource planning and forecasting
• Coordinate the purchasing needs of multiple departments (Civic Center, Public Works, Water Treatment Plant, Wellness
Center, KRC, Garage, etc.)
• Pick up and / or delivery of items when needed.
• Participate in supplier evaluation and assessments related to quality, on-time delivery, and cost
• Develop and manage recordkeeping procedures in accordance with applicable regulations and standards
• Participate in the development of departmental goals and objectives
• Recommend, implement, and administer methods and procedures to enhance operations
• Endeavors to locate the best source of supply and obtain the most favorable prices and terms.
• Assist in the data collection and coordination of internal work orders.
• Grade 12 education
• Minimum 3 years demonstrated experience required (specifically sourcing product, contract writing and review)
• Preference given to individuals with SCMP Designation (Supply Chain Management Program or former PMAC Designation
(Purchasing Management Association of Canada)
• Valid Manitoba Driver’s license – Class 5
• Knowledge of specific purchasing practices:
o Costing and pricing methodology
o Inventory and operations control
o Contract documents and specifications
o Procurement rules and regulations
o Transportation and Logistics
• Demonstrated strong negotiating skills, decision making and diplomacy skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Exceptional skills in organization, record maintenance, multitasking
• Knowledge and function of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc.)
• Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals
• Experience with iCity (Vadim) is preferred but not required