The Municipality of Swan Valley West invites applications for the position of Public Works Manager/Foreman. This non-union position will report directly to the Chief Administrative Officer.
Specific Responsibilities include but not limited to:
– Development of tender documents for contracted out projects and Grant Applications.
– Supervise contractors in the performance of work contracts and ensure that proper Construction Specifications are adhered to.
– Maintain an inventory of roadwork materials.
– Maintain detailed records and files on maintenance activities and costs.
– Maintain detailed records and files on capital activities and costs.
– Respond to emergency situations as required.
– Provide information required for billing custom work or sale of goods or services.
– Preparation of work orders, plans, and specifications for specific public works projects.
– Design and prepare budgetary estimates for “in-house” drainage works & road reconstruction in accordance with the Standard Construction Specifications.
A more detailed job description may be obtained by calling our office at (204) 734-3344 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org