Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Manager of Public Works will manage the Municipality’s Public Works, Transportation, Public Utilities and Landfill Departments. In addition to planning, directing and coordinating the day-to-day activities required, the incumbent will play a key role in the long-term planning of the provision of services to the community and maintenance of the extensive infrastructure network.
Preference will be given to a candidate with experience working for a municipality in a public works environment and who has a good understanding of municipal water treatment and distribution, waste management and wastewater collection and treatment. While a certificate in civil engineering or civil engineering technology would be an asset, candidates with substantial working knowledge and related experience will also be considered.
Other preferred qualifications include:
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a public works environment or equivalent experience
• Ability to read plans and blueprints and previous experience in design of underground services and road works is desirable
• Understanding of the basic principles of surveying would be an asset
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Geographical Information System (GIS) programs is desirable
• Knowledge of The Dangerous Goods Act, Workplace Health and Safety and WHMIS
• Willingness to serve the public and to improve the community’s well-being
• Basic understanding of finance and budgeting within a municipal or business setting
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong leadership and organizational skills with a high level of self-motivation and adaptability • Willingness to attend conferences, courses and seminars for continuous professional development
The salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications and includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Please submit your resume and cover letter detailing how your experience and qualifications meet the requirements to
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
RM of West Interlake
Attention: Courtney Roehl, CAO
Ashern, MB R0C 0E0
Application Deadline: Open until filled