The Municipality of Souris-Glenwood, with the support of Way To Go Consulting Inc., is seeking an individual that will bring strong leadership skills to this position.
The successful applicant will:
– Take a key role in long-term planning and asset management.
– Plan, direct and coordinate the day-to-day activities required to manage the Public Works and Utilities Departments.
– Support and implement strategic and long-term goals.
– Use best practices in operational planning and management, overseeing a total budget of over $6,000,000.
– Work on projects within the Municipality to ensure the best level of service is provided to the residents.
Ideally, you will have supervisory experience and possess technical knowledge and experience in municipal public works. Strong leadership and communication skills are vital for success in this position, as is the ability to manage within a diverse environment. Practical knowledge and experience in computer systems is necessary, with GIS experience being beneficial. A strong background in the areas such as road construction, drainage, water and wastewater systems, and surveying would be an asset to candidates. An equivalent combination of skills and experience may also be considered.
Souris-Glenwood is a diverse Municipality of 2,560 in southwestern Manitoba, with a central main urban center of Souris. The area is agriculture based, and boasts thriving commercial activity. Souris-Glenwood is growing in population, and offers a great quality of life to residents.
The right candidate can expect a comprehensive salary and benefits package.
Individuals interested in this position should send a resume and cover letter by email to Ernie Epp, Way To Go Consulting Inc., at firstname.lastname@example.org .
The selection committee intends to review applications as early as June 21, 2021, however, applications may continue to be accepted until the right candidate is found.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Application Deadline: June 18, 2021