Responsibilities/Duties: (detailed job description to be provided to successful candidate)
-Supervise all road and drain maintenance, graveling, snow plowing, culvert repairs, surveying, equipment repairs, workplace health and safety, and sewer and lagoon maintenance including the contractors hired to do such works for the municipality.
-Development of tender documents for contracted out projects and grant applications
-Design and prepare budgetary estimates for the annual transportation and drainage budget
-Develop a plan to identify present and future maintenance requirements
– Establish work priorities and supervise/manage transfer station staff and summer student
-Maintain detailed records and files on maintenance activities and costs including inventory of roadwork materials and capital projects
-Comply with all provincial regulations in respect to the transfer station and lagoon
-Have a high school grade 12 or GED equivalent
-Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a public works environment or equivalent experience
-Possess or willing to obtain Certification in Wastewater Treatment Class 1 and Wastewater Collection Class 1
-Ability to read plans and blueprints and previous experience in design of underground services and road works
-Ability to perform elevation/drainage surveys
-Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, G.P.S. and G.I.S. software
– Knowledge of The Dangerous Goods Act, Workplace Health and Safety and WHMIS
– Must have knowledge of construction and maintenance techniques; have practical knowledge of the operation, care and maintenance of hand tools and small and large equipment and machinery including basic mechanics
– Class 3 driver’s license would be considered an asset
– Willingness to attend conferences, courses and seminars for continuous professional development.
Conditions of Employment:
– Must possess a valid full Manitoba class 5 Driver’s license with willingness to upgrade if required
– A criminal record check may be requested from the successful candidate
We thank all applicants, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.