Located 20 minutes from Winnipeg, Selkirk is a vibrant small city with a hometown feel. Our close-knit community loves to celebrate, learn, and explore in the company of good neighbours. All through the year, there are many opportunities to enjoy local talent, learn about our past and seek out new interests. The City of Selkirk is currently in search of a Manager of Fleet to join our team of professionals. The qualified individual will be responsible for the day-to-day operation and ongoing maintenance of municipal fleet and equipment.
As Manager of Fleet some of your key responsibilities will be:
- Leadership & Employee Development: supports an environment that encourages creative thinking and innovation; stimulates others to learn; and inspires others to perform to their highest potential.
- Exceptional Citizen Service: provide maximum value from community resources, by being directly responsible for the operation and maintenance of all City fleet and equipment within the jurisdiction of the Division.
- Financial Management: prepare and submit the Division’s annual operating budget.
- Administrative Management: direct, administer and monitor all work assignments, equipment and inventory supplies within the Division, including the maintenance of records to ensure the efficient and effective provision of services to other Departments and Divisions.
Minimum qualifications shall include:
- Successful completion of a Diploma or Degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in Fleet Management, Business Management or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- A minimum of 3 years progressive experience in management and supervision of staff preferably in a municipal or unionized environment.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite, email and internet, and the ability to learn new technology as required.
- A valid Class 5 Manitoba Driver’s License.
- Successful completion of courses in supervision or management of personnel, budget and record keeping.
- Knowledge and understanding of the operation and maintenance of fleets and equipment.
- Valid First Aid and CPR Certification.
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing. This includes the ability to understand and deliver written and verbal instructions.
- Experience providing exceptional customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization and external contacts.
- Certification in Asset Management.
- Certification in Project Management
- Certification in Heavy Duty Mechanics
- Certification in Professional Leadership Development.
Salary range is $47,671 to $53,651 for a 25-hour work week that will be determined by qualifications and experience, plus the City offers a benefits package.
Public Contact Info:
If you would like more information about this position, please visit myselkirk.ca. If you believe you can make a strong contribution to the City of Selkirk as the Manager of Fleet, please submit your resume in confidence to email@example.com quoting position #2020-38. Resumes will be accepted until November 30th, 2020.
The City of Selkirk is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an inclusive work environment. Applicants who require accommodation during the hiring process are encouraged to contact the City’s Human Resources Division at the email mentioned above.