The Rural Municipality of Gimli is seeking proposals for a contract position to administer the Human Resource function for the Municipality. Responsibilities will include but not limited to providing staff, management and Council with information, recommendations and guidance in regards to Human Resource matters throughout the RM’s operations.
Preference will be given to those that possess the following experience and qualifications:
• Post-secondary education in Human Resource Management and a minimum of five years related experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• A Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) designation would be an asset.
• Demonstrated experience in all Human Resource functions including but not limited to: labour relations, compensation/benefits, occupational health and safety, grievance processes, employee training and development, Municipal employer/employee policy development and ensuring adherence.
• Solid understanding of Manitoba Employment Standards, Manitoba Human Rights, Labour Code and Workplace Safety and Health.
• Experience in working with a unionized environment required.
• Strong proficiency with MS Office.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal.
• Satisfactory results from Criminal Record and Vulnerable Persons checks.
Proposals are to be submitted by 4:00 pm on March 20th, 2020 to:
Rural Municipality of Gimli
62 – 2nd Avenue, PO Box 1246
Gimli, MB. R0C 1B0
Application Deadline: March 20, 2020