Reporting to the Trust Manager, the Grants Associate will work with the Trust Team to develop application tools, provide technical and other assistance to prospective grantees, administer applications, contribution agreements, payments, project monitoring, reporting and evaluation, as well as reporting on the outcomes of the granting programs. This position will work out of one of MHHC’s two main offices in either Brandon or Winnipeg, MB.
As a Grants Associate, you will:
- Develop and maintain appropriate relationships with Trust applicants, grantees, staff and external partners.
- Receive, review and process grant proposals to be presented to MHHC management and the Trust Technical Advisor Committee in each granting cycle.
- Work directly with Trust grant applicants to ensure all grant proposals meet specific Trust criteria.
- Communicate with grant applicants the results of the Trust grant selections.
- Process grants awarded in accordance with MHHC policy.
- Review, evaluate, monitor and provide ongoing assistance to grantees with respect to open grant awards.
- Collect, maintain, analyze and audit regular grant report data from grantees using MHHC information systems.
- Understand, enforce, review, and help develop granting policies and criteria.
- Assist in the development, maintenance and dissemination MHHC Trust Communications.
- Meet regularly with the Trust team to develop an efficient, effective and positive work environment.
- Post-secondary degree, preferably in the agricultural disciplines or environmental science.
- At least three years of experience in environment, agriculture, or grants management (as a grants manager or grants seeker).
- Demonstrated knowledge of environmental conservation and land use in working landscapes, especially the agricultural landscape.
- Experience with grant writing.
- Superior analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communications skills.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, and time management skills.
- A highly motivated individual capable of working independently as well as demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment.
- Written and oral fluency in English.
- Agricultural production experience.
- Wildlife and/or Fisheries conservation experience.
- Basic accounting skills including the use of accounting software.
- A graduate degree in a related field.
- Written and oral fluency in French.
Application deadline: 2021-09-22
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $54,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
Currently staff are working remotely will limited interactions in our offices. Offices are cleaned regularly with mandatory mask and hand sanitation requirements when in the office. There is very little to no public access to our offices.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- grants management: 3 years (preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
These jobs have been posted on indeed.com and LinkedIn.
Please apply online at www.indeed.com or by emailing your resume in confidence to Human Resources at email@example.com
Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information about this career opportunity as well.