Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) the Financial Controller (FC) will play a critical role in the development, planning and implementation of the financial strategy for the municipality. The Financial Controller will also be responsible for reporting for all financial matters as they relate to operations, capital and project areas.
The candidate will be responsible for all financial requirements including the development implementation and reporting for:
• Financial Plans
• Financial Statement and Auditor’s report
• As well as seek all available municipal grant funding within time deadlines.
The candidate must also possess:
• Experience and knowledge with accounting systems, internal controls, business planning and asset management gained through a combination of experience and education.
• Proficiency in accounting software and municipal accounting
• Supervision of accounting functions of the municipality (AR, AP, Payroll, TCA, PSAB)
• Ability to exercise independent judgement and sensitive deadlines.
The ideal candidate will have an accounting based degree or diploma with several years’ experience including references confirming successes in the industry.
This term position has the potential for increase based on a position assessment and organizational needs.
A competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package will be available.
Please send your letter of application and resumé to the Municipality:
Application Deadline: Open until filled. Only those candidates considered will be contacted.
Attention: Andrew Weremy, CAO
R.M. of St. Andrews
Box 130, 500 Railway Avenue
Clandeboye, MB, R0C 0P0
Application Deadline: Open until filled