Under the general direction of the Chief Administrative Officer, the Finance Manager is responsible for; overseeing and directing finance systems/processes, advising, supporting and collaborating with administrative staff in matters related to finance, managing the budget process, providing general support to the CAO/Council, and other duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Oversee and direct the RM’s financial systems and processes by;
Advise, support and collaborate with administrative staff in matters related to finance by;
Manage the budget process by;
Provide general support to the CAO and Council by;
Credentials and Experience:
• CPA designation or equivalent combination of education and experience prior to hire.
• Experience in government – work in finances within municipal government considered an asset.
• Certificate in the Manitoba Municipal Administration (CMMA) would be considered an asset.
• Experience with Diamond Municipal software considered an asset.
• Valid Class 5 Drivers License.
• Satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
Core Skills Knowledge and Abilities:
• Working knowledge of the Municipal Act.
• Strong working knowledge and experience with municipal accounting and finance procedures.
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook). Exposure to additional software packages considered an asset.
• Strong interpersonal skills to effectively and respectfully manage concerns related to the public, employees, vendors and others.
• Strong writing skills with the ability to research and formulate concise accurate reports and other documents.
• Ability to establish priorities, work with a high degree of independence and proceed with objectives with minimal direction.
• Ability to coordinate, organize, problem solve and consistently meet deadlines.
• Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Knowledge in basic payroll and benefits administration.
• Knowledge of municipal administration.
• Light/office duties.
• Ongoing, daily use of computer equipment, technology, telephone and other office equipment.
• Vocal communication and hearing required for expressing or exchanging ideas and providing directions by means of the spoken word.
Expiry Date: Submissions will be reviewed as early as June 09, 2020. However, the posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is located.
The RM of East St. Paul wishes to thank all candidates for their interest in this position, however, only those individuals considered for an interview will be contacted.
Submit resume and cover letter in confidence by mail or in person in a sealed envelope as follows:
APPLICATION – FINANCE MANAGER POSITION
Attention Rhonda Tone
RM of East St. Paul
Unit #1 – 3021 Bird’s Hill Road
East St. Paul, MB R2E 1A7
Application Deadline: Open until filled