Under the direction of and reporting directly to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) the Finance Administrator is responsible for providing financial and clerical services and will be responsible for the day-to-day management of financial transactions and procedures.
The ideal candidate should be familiar with payroll, audits, invoices, budget preparations, managing accounting activities including journal entries, bank reconciliations, tax roll and associated duties. The candidate should also have excellent organizational skills and be able to handle time-sensitive tasks. Flexible work arrangements available with a minimum of 20 hours per week.
• Maintain receivable, payable and payroll accounts
• Perform Bank account reconciliations
• Make journal entries, maintain the general ledger and inter-funding
• Report and Submit GST annually
• Track Manitoba Employee Benefits Program, Employee benefits and claims
• Update inventory annually
• Workers Compensation fees
• Track tangible capital assets as required by PSAB
• Provide support to Council to ensure that Council is provided with the resources to make effective decisions
• Prepare monthly financial statements for Elton
• Provide monthly cheque lists to Council
• Prepare cheques
• Assist the CAO with gathering information for annual budget
• Assist the CAO with gathering information for interim and year-end audits
• Proven work experience, 2+ years, in a finance position or similar role
• Solid knowledge of municipal financial and accounting procedures
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Experience using financial software
• Proficient in MS Excel and MS Word
• Excellent analytical and numerical skills
• Strong time management skills
• Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
Preference Given to Those with:
Municipal Accounting knowledge and background
• Business Accounting Certification, (CPA is considered an asset)
• CMMA from University of Manitoba or willing to enroll in the program
• Working knowledge of MuniSoft Municipal software
The Municipality of Elton offers a very competitive salary, and benefits. Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume stating experience, education, salary expectations and three references.
Applications will be reviewed as early as July 31, 2022; however, this posting will remain open until suitable candidate is located.