- Operate 25 tonne track excavator with laser assisted ditching
- Operate Motor Grader and perform routine summer road maintenance
- Operate Motor Grader and perform routine snow clearing
- Operate other heavy equipment.
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks on equipment
- Requires extended hours and weekend work
- Willing and able to work with little supervision
- Ability to be on call with quick response time as required
- Any other skills (carpentry, electrical, welding, etc.) would be considered an asset
- Capable of manual labour and other duties as assigned
- Ensure shop and work areas are kept clean and organized at all times
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations and work cooperatively and jointly with the rest of the crew
- Heavy Equipment Operating experience required.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license required
- Valid Class 1 driver’s license would be an asset
- Mechanical aptitude with ability to perform routine maintenance required
- Physically fit to perform manual labour
- Knowledge of laser slope guidance for ditching
- Operation of Grader plow and wing
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Heavy Equipment Operator Certification would be considered an asset.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a Grader Operator or Excavator Operator.
- Knowledge of equipment safety
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance and storage
- Knowledge of road construction and maintenance techniques
- High level of personal integrity
- Strong work ethic
- Professional/mature demeanor
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work with little supervision
- Able to deal with people tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally
The Municipality offers an excellent remuneration and benefits package.
Persons possessing the necessary qualifications and experience should submit a resume to:
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Cole Braden, Assistant Manager of Public Works