The City of Morden is seeking to fill a new and challenging full-time role as our Director of Information Technology. This diverse role requires knowledge and experience in management of staff and technical operations, implementation of IT systems and development of IT policies while operating within specific timelines and budget constraints.
The Director of Information Technology will develop and administer IT policies, manage security of network, systems and enterprise information, purchase and maintain hardware and software.
Responsibilities of the position include:
• Develop and administer IT policies and information systems to support implementation of Morden strategies and goals
• Analyze and support business technology requirements, both operational and capital, for all departments
• Manage security of network, systems and enterprise information
• Purchase and maintain relevant and cost-effective hardware and software
• Identify and recommend the need for upgrades and new systems
• Coordinate and lead work groups (i.e. Asset Management System); provide IT guidance to other professionals
• Provide IT training and support to employees in all departments
• Control and administer IT budget as approved by Council
• Build strong business relationships with external IT vendors and service providers; develop cost-efficient contracts
• Oversee Marketing and Communications Coordinator role
The preferred candidate will have the following qualifications:
• Post-secondary education in information technology, information systems, computer science or related field
• Proven senior level experience in information technology including analysis, evaluation and implementation of IT systems and their specifications
• Sound understanding of computer systems (hardware/software, networks, etc.)
• Experience with managing an information technology budget
• Experience with the following technologies/equipment would be considered an asset: Windows Server/Operating Systems, Linux products, network security systems, backup and storage systems (cloud based and on premise), routers and wireless products, licensing requirements, website development
• Proven leadership, organizational and problem solving skills
• Valid Class 5 drivers license
Interested applicants are invited to submit resume packages together with salary expectations to either the mailing or email addresses, or fax number outlined below.
We thank all for applying, but only those receiving an interview will be contacted. Position will remain open until filled. A condition of employment is agreement by the applicant to disclose criminal record information to the City of Morden.
Human Resources Officer
City of Morden
100-195 Stephen Street
Morden, MB R6M 1V3
Application Deadline: October 30, 2020