The Director of Finance and Administration is responsible to provide professional leadership and direction for financial management, asset and risk management as well as corporate and customer service for the City of Morden.
As the Director of Finance and Administration for the City of Morden, you will work closely with the City Manager as part of the senior management team in engaging the organization to deliver the highest caliber of services to the community. You thrive on providing accurate and insightful analysis and strategic recommendations for your organization. You also possess keen leadership and team building skills.
Role and Responsibilities
Reporting to the City Manager, the Director of Finance and Administration is responsible to provide professional leadership and direction for financial management, asset and risk management as well as corporate and customer service for the City of Morden. We are seeking a proven effective leader with well-developed management skills and a collaborative, open, honest and direct interpersonal style.
Key responsibilities include:
- Prepare annual budget and financial plan for City of Morden; current and long-term financial plan (operational, capital and financing strategies); annual report; financial statements and other relevant strategic documents;
Liaise with auditors and prepare all working papers for financial and compliance audits;
- Develop By-Laws, Policies/Procedures for all relevant areas of responsibility – Finance, Procurement, Asset and Risk Management, Administration and Governance, Records Systems;
- Implement and maintain Information Management System;
- Ensure Capital Asset Registers are maintained in accordance with legislative requirements;
- Provide finance, procurement, budget and management advice and expertise to managers and supervisors;
- Implement appropriate financial systems and controls to ensure prudent management and reporting of all revenue and expenses for all municipal departments;
- Together with managers and supervisors, develop departmental plans consistent with Council’s corporate and financial objectives;
- Understand and adhere to The Municipal Act, Accounting Standards (GAAP), FIPPA;
- Act as an effective liaison between Council, City Manager, staff, residents, private entities and all levels of government;
Manage and guide Finance and Administration Department staff.
The preferred candidate will have the following qualifications:
- CPA Certification/current membership or other advanced level of education in Finance/Accounting;
- Post Secondary degree in Business Administration or other relevant discipline;
- CMMA certification or be willing to obtain;
- Demonstrated accounting experience at a senior management level in government or private sector with highly developed financial analysis skills;
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible roles in a public and/or private organization;
- Exceptional understanding of strategic planning, finance and operations in a multi-faceted organization;
- Excellent working knowledge of business software as it relates to the corporate/business world;
- Demonstrated ability as a solid decision maker with a high level of ethics, values and integrity;
- Exceptional communication skills.
Individuals interested in this outstanding career opportunity should forward their resume IN CONFIDENCE to the email address or mailing address below.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received until final selection is determined. Successful candidate will assume responsibilities at earliest date possible.