Battleford Saskatchewan is centrally located on the Yellowhead Highway between Lloydminster and Saskatoon. Historic Battleford, the oldest community in Saskatchewan, home of the first North West Mounted Police Post and former capital of the North West Territories is a growing, family friendly community. The Town of more than 4,500 people enjoys a great life style through a strong local economy and access to amenities such as an indoor pool, field house, live theatre and more.
The Town of Battleford is looking to fill the position of Director of Finance, who, under the direction of the CAO, will primarily be responsible to develop and control annual budget and long-term financial plans. This position will administer the organization’s funds according to the approved budget, and monitor its financial expenditures. This role will also allocate resources to implement financial policies and programs. The Director will also act as CAO in the absence of the Chief Administrative Officer. The Director must possess the following:
• experience and knowledge in dealing with accounting systems, budgets, internal controls, business planning, and asset management gained through a combination of experience and education
• proficiency with accounting software and spreadsheet programs and applications due to financial or municipal accounting
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Long term Capital and Financial plans,
• Development and implementation of a 5 year rolling budget,
• Capital and Operating reserves schedule,
• Council and legislative reporting,
• Risk management,
• Sound financial procedures and controls,
• TCA Schedule, and
• Supervision of administrative staff
A recent and detailed job description is available from the consultant.
This position will be open until filled
Please submit: a cover letter, a resume, and three (3) references by email