The Town of The Pas is currently recruiting for the permanent full time position of Controller. The Town of The Pas has a base population of approximately 5,000 (with an additional 3,000 residents located in the surrounding areas of RM of Kelsey, Clearwater Lake, Rocky Lake).
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Controller will play a critical role in managing and implementing the financial strategy of Town of The Pas. As a member of the senior management team, the Controller will directly supervise departmental areas including finance, purchasing, payroll, property tax, utilities and insurance. The Controller will be responsible for overseeing all fiscal and fiduciary responsibilities for the organization, in conjunction with Town Council and the Chief Administrative Officer.
Preference will be given to those candidates that possess the following qualifications:
Summary of responsibilities include:
• Provide direct supervision to the Purchasing Agent, Payroll, Accounts Payable and Utilities/Property Tax Clerks
• Ensures a secure, confidential information system with controlled access to confidential information
• Develops and maintains effective, mutually beneficial relationships with appropriate government programs and agencies
• Prepare and present to CAO and Council recommendations on accounting, fiscal, investment and borrowing policies
• Provides advice and support to Department Managers on financial matters
• Develops and administers the Town’s annual operating and capital budget
• Approves all cheques, financial statements and tax documents
• Manage assigned projects by researching appropriate information, analyzing information gathered and preparing recommendations for review by the Chief Administrative Officer
• Attend Committee and Council meetings as required
• Participate in the recruitment of personnel in conjunction with the HR Officer
• Direct and monitor personnel in the performance of their duties following the guidelines of Town Policy and /or the Collective Agreement.
• Participates in emergency response activities in accordance with the Town Emergency Measures Plan.
“This position is open to all applicants in accordance with the Human Rights Legislation of Manitoba.”
We thank all candidates in advance, but will only contact those selected for an interview.
The position will remain open until a suitable applicant is found.
Graham Kahler – Chief Administrative Officer
Town of The Pas
81 Edwards Avenue, P.O. Box 870
The Pas, MB R9A 1K8
Application Deadline: Open until filled