Identify and target the effects of Crime and challenges in our community and establish a plan on how to move forward with identifying the issues and establishing both short and long term goals as how to address those issues. This assessment is directed to the needs of the youth and vulnerable in our community of any cultural background and social economic status.
Expiry Date: October 4, 2019
The primary role of the position of Community Needs Coordinator would be to gather information focused on action with the goal of community improvement by identifying the strengths and weakness needs of vulnerable persons in our community.
1. Establish an Advisory Committee which would consist of various stakeholders of the community.
2. Participate in Committee Meetings as ex-officio member
3. Coordinate monthly Steering Committee Meetings including:
• Identify and prepare agenda items
• Conduct research and analysis of issues in consultation with the Committee Chair/Vice Chair
• Prepare briefings, background materials and reports
• Arrange meetings including hospitality arrangements
• Coordinate community forums as directed by the Committee
• Act as spokesperson and advocate on issues when necessary
• Establish relationships and maintain partnerships with other organizations, programs and committees
• Prepare annual reports with evaluations of programming and recommendations
• Daily office duties and administrative tasks
• Other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor
Chief Administrative Officer
Application Deadline: October 4, 2019