The Town of Gillam invites applications for the position of Chief Financial Officer (CFO) who, under the direction of the Mayor and Council, will primarily be responsible to develop and control annual budget and long-term financial plans. This position will administer the organization’s funds according to the approved budget, and monitor its financial expenditures. This role will also allocate resources to implement financial policies and programs.
The Chief Financial Officer would possess the following:
• Experience and knowledge in dealing with accounting systems, budgets, internal controls, business planning and asset management gained through a combination of experience and education.
• Proficiency with accounting software and spreadsheet programs and applications specific to financial or municipal accounting.
• Good working knowledge of the Municipal Act.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Long-term Capital and Financial plans
• Development and implementation of a 5-year rolling budget
• Council and legislative reporting
• Risk management
• Sound financial procedures and controls
• TCA Schedule
• Supervision of Administrative staff
Preference will be given to applicants who have completed and received a recognized accounting designation and have achieved, or would be willing to attain, their certification in Manitoba Municipal Administration.
The Town of Gillam offers an excellent compensation and benefits package which includes competitive wages, northern medical and travel allowances, pension, insurance, relocation allowance and subsidized housing.
Submissions will be reviewed as early as Friday, November 29, 2019 however the posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is located.